Wednesday, November 25, 2015

#BookBlogWriMo - Day 24 - Top Ten Blog Posts

Have you ever wondered which blog posts are really the most popular around here? (To be honest, I don't really pay a whole lot of attention to the numbers besides seeing which ten are my current top 10 on the right hand side of the page.) So it's rather enlightening for me to check out my stats page to see which 10 of my 480+ blog posts were the most popular of all. I am linking to each post through their titles if you wish to check them out.

#10 - #IABBAddict: Bound by the Summer Prince by Mistral Dawn - This post includes an interview with the author, and she was kind enough to share it on her social media which drew a lot of attention to it from outside sources.

#9 - *Review* Affliction by S.L. Dearing - This is what it says, just a review, but S.L. Dearing shared it on her social media too, so her fans and followers also stopped by to check it out.

#8 - *Author Spotlight* Erin McFadden - This is a spotlight of all Ms. McFadden's work and it includes an interview. Once again, it's a post that was shared with her followers via her social media which greatly increases visibility for my blog.

#7 - *Book Bingo Challenge* - I'm not really sure why this post was so popular other than the fact that it's a reading challenge and reading challenges are fun.

#6 - *Author Spotlight* J.W. Snootz - This is just a spotlight of Mr. Snootz's books that includes an interview with the author. It was shared on his social media sites as well so his fans stopped by to check it out.

#5 - *Review* The Man I Love by Suanne Laqueur - This review includes video of me reading the first chapter from the book, and I do believe that Ms. Laqueur has shared it on her social media as well, although it has seen a few surges where it has been one of the ten most popular books in the past month on more than one occasion as well. It is also one of my Diamonds in the Rough, so people may check out the review from that page as well.

#4 - #BookBlogWriMo - Day 20 - #TBT - Best Books of 2014 - I'm not surprised to see this on my list of Top Ten blog posts of all time because I personally messaged all the authors that made the list and I know at least some of them shared it with their followers.

#3 - Author Bullying: When the Shoe is on the Author's Foot - It's not really a surprise that a blog post discussing bullying would be one of the top viewed posts. Everyone is drawn to drama, at least a little bit (even people who claim to abhor it), and bullying is a hot topic on the internet and in the indie world. Authors and reviewers are equally at risk for being bullied, and under no circumstances is it okay.

#2 - Batman: Attack of the Fans - This is another blog post where I was attacked for a review I had written. The basic argument is that I shouldn't have reviewed a graphic novel simply because I don't have extensive experience in the genre (as if that precludes me having an opinion on the graphic novel that I did read.)

And now, the moment you've been waiting for. My top blog post of ever.

#1 - *Pre-Release Blast and Giveaway* Falling Away by Penelope Douglas - This post has over 2,000 views, so it's not going anywhere any time soon. Now how did a pre-release blast get over two thousand views on my blog? Simple. Penelope freakin' Douglas shared MY blog post on her FB page. Honestly, I freaked out when I saw that she had shared my post on her page. There was screaming involved and everything.

There are some conclusions that can be drawn from this list (and my elaborations.) Only three of my top ten blog posts weren't shared by the author they're about (one of them because it's not about an author at all). The reason that every other post is in it's spot is because it was shared by the author. This just makes me wonder how many overall views I'd have on my blog if every author was as active as the ones featured above? It sure would be nice to see, but I also certainly won't hold my breath on it. - Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment