Saturday, November 9, 2013

Review of Dark Secrets by AM Hudson

So this book had me feeling all different kinds of emotions. I love a good romance book, but if you throw a vampire in there too, I'm all for it! This book is more for a younger audience with mild sexual scenes. The main character is Ara, she is a 17 year old girl who has just suffered a tragedy in her life that forces her to move to the United States and live with her dad. After meeting David, they fall in love. Somehow, she gets thrown in a feud between brothers. But you will read more about that when you buy and read the book ;)



Now let me tell you how I felt......I kept getting angry while I was reading because it wasn't going the way I wanted it to, which makes me want to finish the series even more so I know. But by the end of the book, I was in tears, angry at what was happening, and then relieved. One thing you should know about this book is that it is over 700 pages long. I didn't realize that when I started reading it and around day 4, I was wondering why I wasn't finished with it yet. So expect to be reading this book longer than any normal paged book, which I usually estimate around 250 pages. There are times you will want to throw your kindle, nook, or iPad. I know I did. Ara comes off different than any character I've read which is why I liked her so much. She reminded me of a 17 year old version of me. She was full of emotion and feelings and sometimes didn't make any freaking sense. But what teenage does at that age? I felt very connected to her. I would give this book 4 stars. I would have given it 5 if some parts just doesn't seem so drawn out. But overall very good book. -Courtney


Also, add it to your TBR list on Goodreads by click here


No comments:

Post a Comment