Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Review of "Blood Claim" by Magen McMinimy

This is the first book of the Half-Blood Princess saga by Magen McMinimy. Prepare to be enthralled as you follow the life of Sophia Daletsky, half-human and half-vampire daughter of the very first vampire. Ms. McMinimy's imagination has provided us with one of the most unique vampire origin stories I've ever read, and I've read a lot of vampire books. It even puts my own personal idea for a vampire origin story to shame so it's back to the drawing board for me to write a vampire book of my own.

I was personally a bit disappointed at first that these vampires don't have to follow most of the classic vampire rules, like not going out in sunlight, but the author added so many other little details about vampire life that I actually forgot that her vampires don't fit the classic vampire bill. And at least they don't sparkle!

I was intrigued by the story line and stayed up until way past my bedtime last night reading before finally making myself go to sleep to dream of Dante Baikov. Read the book and you'll know why I was dreaming of this sexy vampire. I even tried to get my minions to bed early this evening so I could return to Sophia's story and give it my full attention, but they didn't cooperate. I fully look forward to dreaming of Dante again this evening.

Overall I'd give this book 4 1/2 out of 5 stars because the story was so engaging that it made me forget the vampires don't follow the classic rules, and it had the perfect amount of romance and suspense to make for a thrilling read.

Buy Link:
Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment